Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Me Time

Noone is home. I have been alone most of the day except for my cousins stopping by to fix my faucet and then deciding it was too involved and leaving. I like being alone. I enjoy my own company. I accomplish things which I have put off. Piles of paper have been dealt with. Christmas decorations have been put away. I have not taken the tree down. I always leave that up longer. I dusted, something which my friend Kristen would say is about time. I rearranged family photos. I made phone calls for my Dad and found out why he hasn't gotten his pension or social security check yet. I went through bills. I did not pay any, but I sorted them. I made decisions. I decided we will go to The Cheesecake factory for dinner Sunday when my stepdaughter Sandi comes from California for a visit. I decided I am not cooking. I am tired of cooking and hosting. I can cook. I am a good cook. I just wish someone would cook for me sometimes. (like my husband) Iwould like to come home from work and dinner is waiting for me one night. I would like to not spend every holiday in the kitchen, but I do love my family, (and my own cooking) so I do it for them.
My house is clean and ready for company after dinner on Sunday. The tree lights are on and a candle is burning. I will pour a glass of wine and slip into my clawfoot tub and enjoy my me time. I will count my blessings.

3 comments:

  1. I would never tell you that u needed to dust even if I thought you should :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like being alone too...no one to disrupt your thoughts with "do I have any clean socks?" LOL :D

    ReplyDelete