Monday, December 28, 2009

After watching Juile and Julia, I thought it would be fun to start my own blog. Not having any idea how since I am older (not much) than the computer generation, I had to Google - How to start a blog. It was not as hard as I thought. Thinking of a name was harder. I chose Deb the Web because I have been called that for many years by former coworkers. I am not sure what I am going to write about. I guess it will be about everyday life.
Back to work today after Christmas. I always get a certain sadness after Christmas. The high is over. No more shopping and wrapping, no more secrets and decorations. No more baking. Most of all though, I miss the christmas songs on the radio. The cold turkey is too much. They should wean us through, tapering off a little each day until New Years Day night.
This year I received a Nook put out by Barnes and Noble. It is an electronic handheld devise which you can download books into, very much like the Sony Ereader. I was so excited and had paid upfront to order. I ordered it over a month ago and it was delivered Christmas eve. I was disappointed that I could not connect to the internet to download for 4 days due to the volume of people who received it for Christmas. Not only was I disappointed that I could not use it, but I was aggravated that we had to spend countless hours on hold trying to correct this. Shame on Barnes and Noble. I guess I should be happy I got mine in time for Christmas. Others did not. Well I am off to go try my NOOK. I hope you all got what you wanted for Christmas. I will let you know if it was worth the money and the wait.

3 comments:

  1. good, i am the first to comment on your new blog. now i know what a nook is. i thought it was a place to eat in the kitchen ie: a breakfast nook. hope you enjoy your new nook, i will continue listening to my books. just got the lovely bones from the library. anxious to start "reading it at work" tomorrow. will review it right here soon.....javajoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, my father told me that this was your blog...I thought you were sending me some kind of Julie and Julia review- shame on me for not reading it through. I absolutely loved the movie and didn't want it to end...When I told my Dad, he said it must be some kind of "girl" thing...Try to have a good day at work !
    Love,
    Miss
    P.S. I think I want a blog...then again, you two will be the only ones reading it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. came back in anticipation of a new blog and so disappointed. julie did this for 365 days. let go debtheweb.

    ReplyDelete