Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Cross

I went out for the day today. No destination. Just enjoying the sun and alone time. I like alone time. Most people don't but I do. I knew I would go to Country Junque but after that, I didn't know. Wherever life took me. First stop, Country Junque in Bayport. It is a sort of antique, second hand store. Some new stuff. I have bought many furnishings and decorations from there. Sissy is the owner. Is is a free standing brick building. She bought the building a few years back. Sissy is one of my favorite shop owners and one of the reasons I shop there. She is like everybody's Mom. She always greets you by name and makes you feel that she is happy to see you. It is very very cluttered in there. Ladies do not bring children with you to shop there. Is is basically3 rooms filled with - what else? country Junk. I have bought lamps, dishes, signs, an old school desk, ornaments and countless other items from there. You can also haggle with her. She is very fair especially if you are a returning customer. Today, I did not buy anything.
After leaving, I went straight down Middle Road and over Bryan's bridge and beautiful old victorian homes of Bayport ( the town I will someday live in) and into Sayville. There are such cute shops in Sayville but I always seem to go to the same ones. I went into The Sayville General Store which is a high end expensive store. It is the opposite end of Country Junque. I do not know the owner as they are not friendly, but it is a lovely store beautifully decorated. It smelled of soap because they carry many many types and shapes and scents and sizes. I browsed around and looked at Easter displays. Bunnies, eggs and your typical Easter wares. I couldn't even find a chocolate cross. Jesus was nowhere in sight. I was looking for something to symbolize the real meaning of Easter. The meaning of the cross. The ressurection. Do you know how special the cross is? Do you realize Christ went to the cross for your sins so that you can have eternal life? All you have to do is believe in Jesus. You do not have to give anything up, your debt is paid for. It's that simple. Many people do not understand the reason Christians do not wear a crucix as opposed to the plain cross. We believe that Christ is no longer on the cross. He died for your sins and rose again. He died so that you may live. He lives again. I think we should along with the Easter baskets and bunnies, teach our children the true meaning of Easter. Take them to Sunday school. Give them a foundation. A house without a foundation will not stand. Next week is Palm Sunday, get out there as a family even if it is mother and children and go to church. Find one you like and want to be a part of. Feel the holy spirit. Take in the magnitude of what he did for you. Let Jesus in. You will never be the same. Did I find what I was looking for? Eventually. But if I tell it will spoil the surprise. Have a blessed holy season.

1 comment:

  1. Good message everyone needs to hear. Thank you for explaining why we don't wear a crucifix. He is Risen, Hallelujah!!

    ReplyDelete